Subject: [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-eubanks-chimento-6man-00.txt]

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:21:13 -0500

All,
      The below referenced draft was composed in response to a problem 
encountered in the mboned working group.  There is a proposal there that 
allows for the encapsulation of multicast traffic within a unicast 
tunnel in order to traverse unicast-only networks.  This draft proposes 
to ease the rule on checksums in IPv6 UDP packets.  I have asked that 
discussion of this draft occur on the 6MAN mailing list.

      In case anyone is interested in more of the background material, 
the draft requiring this change is draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-09.txt.

Regards,
Bian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-eubanks-chimento-6man-00.txt
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:45:01 -0800 (PST)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : UDP Checksums for Tunneled Packets
	Author(s)       : M. Eubanks
	Filename        : draft-eubanks-chimento-6man-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-02-23

We address the problem of computing the UDP checksum on tunneling
IPv6 packets when using lightweight tunneling protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eubanks-chimento-6man-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.