Subject: Re: [lisp] IPv6 UDP checksum issue

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:58:25 -0400

On Jul 30, 2009, at 6:33 PM, Dino Farinacci wrote:
>
>> What I'm saying is that *if* UDP us used, it needs to be used  
>> according to the RFCs that capture the IETF consensus on their use,  
>> or the IETF consensus must be revised.
>
> And what we are are saying is to be practical (and sensible).

Well, what *I* am saying is that UDP-Lite was designed to offer a  
practical and sensible alternative for exactly these situations.  Why  
won't it work for LISP?

Margaret

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 12:46:35 -0700

Not sensible enough.

Dino

On Aug 4, 2009, at 7:58 AM, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

>>> according to the RFCs that capture the IETF consensus on their  
>>> use, or the IETF consensus must be revised.
>>
> practical and sensible alternative for exactly these situations.   
> Why won't it work for LISP?
>
> Margaret