Subject: RFC 6106 on IPv6 Router Advertisement Options for DNS Configuration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:27:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6106

        Title:      IPv6 Router Advertisement Options for 
                    DNS Configuration 
        Author:     J. Jeong, S. Park,
                    L. Beloeil, S. Madanapalli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 45181
        Obsoletes:  RFC5006

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-dns-options-bis-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6106.txt

This document specifies IPv6 Router Advertisement options to allow
IPv6 routers to advertise a list of DNS recursive server addresses
and a DNS Search List to IPv6 hosts.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC