Subject: Re: [v6ops] [OPSAWG] Heads up - Plea for allocating a /8 to ISPs

From: Roger Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:53:01 +0100

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Mark Smith
<[email-masked]> wrote:
<snip>
> While I do think the NAT444 option has value, I also do think it is
> also fundamentally delaying the inevitable "Stick" option. In my
> experience, the sooner you suffer the pain, the less you suffer over
> all. ISPs with customer owned CPE are probably going to wear pain
> regardless, it's all about the degree ...

It is really that simple... and it is far easier to just face it now and get
over with it than to put it off into some undefined future when you
anyway will have other problems to deal with.

No matter what option is chosen now, if _will_ hurt. You're only
option it really when you want the pain. We lost the no-pain options
quite some years ago :(

-- 

Roger Jorgensen           |
[email-masked]          | - IPv6 is The Key!
http://www.jorgensen.no   | [email-masked]