Subject: [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-01.txt]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:10:27 +1300

The changes in this version are basically:

 - clarified that this is not a formal update of RFC 3697

 - clarified text about domains exporting inappropriate labels

There are no changes of the intended technical meaning, since as
far as we can tell, most of the WG is OK with current technical
content.

Also see previous replies to comments:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg13253.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg13159.html

  Brian + Sheng + Shane

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-01.txt
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:45:01 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Update to the IPv6 flow label specification
	Author(s)       : S. Amante, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-01-10

Various published proposals for use of the IPv6 flow label are
incompatible with its existing specification in RFC 3697.
Furthermore, very little practical use is made of the flow label,
partly due to some uncertainties about the correct interpretation of
the specification.  This document describes and motivates proposed
changes to the specification in order to clarify it, making it clear
what types of usage are possible, and to introduce some additional
flexibility.  It does not formally update RFC 3697.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-01.txt