Subject: [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-02.txt]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:43:31 +1300

This update goes along with the first draft of 3697bis,
which is coming as soon as the WG Chairs approve it to
be posted. A full explanation and issues list will come
after that.

    Brian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-02.txt
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 13:30:01 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Rationale for update to the IPv6 flow label specification
	Author(s)       : S. Amante, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-01-30

Various published proposals for use of the IPv6 flow label are
incompatible with its original specification in RFC 3697.
Furthermore, very little practical use is made of the flow label,
partly due to some uncertainties about the correct interpretation of
the specification.  This document discusses and motivates changes to
the specification in order to clarify it, and to introduce some
additional flexibility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-02.txt