Subject: Flow label drafts - updates, main open issue

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:42:00 +1300

Hi,

There are three updated flow label drafts:

1. http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis-01.txt

This is the draft of the updated proposed standard for the flow label.
The open issues discussed for the previous draft have been closed
according to comments received - see the attached file for details.
The authors believe that there is one big issue remaining:

  Should we delete most of the text concerning stateful methods
  of handling the flow label? Basically that would mean deleting
  Section 4 (and corresponding parts of the Security Considerations)
  and making minor text adjustments elsewhere.

This would not mean that stateful methods are excluded for ever - it
would just recognise that we are only sure of the stateless approach
today.

2. http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-03.txt

This draft is background rationale for the previous one, with minor
updates to keep it in synch.

3. http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-flow-ecmp-01.txt

This is the ECMP/LAG draft updated according to WG Last Call comments.

   Brian + co-authors