Subject: FW: comment on draft-gont-6man-managing-privacy-extensions-01

From: "Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 03:06:18 -0500

Humble apologies that I meant to send this email to 6man but instead
sent it to v6ops.

Hemant

From: Hemant Singh (shemant) 
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 10:02 AM
To: IPv6 Ops WG
Subject: comment on draft-gont-6man-managing-privacy-extensions-01

In some certain large-scale broadband networks, an RA does not even
include any PIO, so how will this document signal new bits?  

Hemant

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:19:05 -0300

> include any PIO, so how will this document signal new bits? 

I guess that those networks employ something else for host
configuration? (e.g., DHCP) -- If that's the case, such deployments are
out of scope, as this proposal is only meant from addressesconfigured as
a result of SLAAC.

Thanks,
-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1