Subject: [Fwd: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-hu-flow-label-cases-03.txt>]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:11:15 +1300

FYI - this was an Independent Submission to the RFc Editor.

   Brian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-hu-flow-label-cases-03.txt>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:02:27 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked], The IESG <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Survey of proposed use
cases for the IPv6 flow label' <draft-hu-flow-label-cases-03.txt> as an
Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-flow-label-cases/) related to
this document and determine whether or not they merit incorporation into
the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-flow-label-cases/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document describes the current limitations of the flow label field
   in IPv6, and explains known proposals with respect to those limitations.

Working Group Summary

   This topic has been discussed in the 6MAN working group, but this
   document is an independent submission, not a WG product.

Document Quality

   Not applicable. The responsible Area Director believes that the
   document is useful to publish.

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko.

IESG Note

  The IESG believes that this document is related to the work done in the
  6MAN working group, but this does not prevent publishing.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce