Subject: Status of ROLL RPL related drafts in 6man

From: "Don Sturek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:03:05 -0800

Can I ask about the current WG status of the following drafts:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header/

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rpl-option/

Also, the following draft has not been adopted by WG (can it?):

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hui-6man-trickle-mcast/

Before the holidays, there was a thread around lack of responses on last
call for the first two drafts.  Did Last Call ever complete (does not appear
so from the WG page)

We would also like to see the trickle multicast draft adopted by the group.

I am affiliated with the ZigBee Alliance working on the Smart Energy 2
project.  We plan to deploy with these drafts next year with a very large
(many million devices) deployment.  We would like to see these drafts moved
along in the process.  We have been doing interoperability testing (with 10
vendors) for the past several months with these drafts so have data to share
on our experience.

Thanks,

Don Sturek

Chair, ZigBee Core Stack Working Group (responsible for "ZigBee IP"
application profile targeting Smart Energy 2)

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:17:50 -0500

> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rpl-option/

The WG Last Call completed for these documents.  There were some
comments that, according to the authors, have been resolved but not
incorporated into the document(s).

> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hui-6man-trickle-mcast/

No one has made a request for the WG to adopt it.

>From my brief read of the draft, I am not sure it belongs in 6MAN.  It
describes a multicast forwarding paradigm specific to low-power
networks. It would seem like ROLL is a better fit for this draft.

Regards,
Brian