Subject: [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis-02.txt]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:27:22 +1300

Hi,

This update resolves the open issue by deleting most of the text
concerning the stateful model for the flow label, which is what the
comments received on and off the list indicated we should do.

There is also a trivial update to the rationale update to
match this change (draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-04.txt).

As noted previously, draft-ietf-6man-flow-ecmp-01.txt
was updated after WGLC.

   Brian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis-02.txt
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 14:00:02 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 Flow Label Specification
	Author(s)       : S. Amante, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-03-13

This document specifies the IPv6 Flow Label field and the minimum
requirements for IPv6 nodes labeling flows, IPv6 nodes forwarding
labeled packets, and flow state establishment methods.  Even when
mentioned as examples of possible uses of the flow labeling, more
detailed requirements for specific use cases are out of scope for
this document.

The usage of the Flow Label field enables efficient IPv6 flow
classification based only on IPv6 main header fields in fixed
positions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis-02.txt