Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-6man-managing-privacy-extensions-01

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:00:56 -0300

Folks,

I've just realized that I had submitted an old version of the I-D. So
I've rev'ed the document and resubmitted it. -- The change log in the
appendix describes the changes since version -00.

Any comments will be more than welcome.

P.S.: There's still quite a bit of text that we need to include in the
I-D (e.g., regarding the motivation of this proposal, etc.) -- we simply
have not yet crafted the corresponding text (and wanted to meet the
deadline for version -00 documents), but plan to do it soon.

Thanks!
Fernando

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-6man-managing-privacy-extensions-01
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 02:57:54 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-6man-managing-privacy-extensions-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-gont-6man-managing-privacy-extensions
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Managing the Use of Privacy Extensions for Stateless Address
Autoconfiguration in IPv6
Creation_date:	 2011-03-12
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 15

Abstract:
This document describes an operational problem that arises due to the
impossibility of managing the use of "Privacy Extensions" for IPv6
Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) in network scenarios that
employ SLAAC.  Additionally, this document specifies new flag in the
Prefix Information option of Router Advertisement messages, such that
routers can advertise, for each network prefix to be used for SLAAC,
whether the aforementioned "Privacy Extensions" should be used.

The IETF Secretariat.

Best regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1