Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 01:45:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An IPv6 Routing Header for Source Routes with RPL
	Author(s)       : J. Hui, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-03-29

In Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs), memory constraints on routers
may limit them to maintaining at most a few routes.  In some
configurations, it is necessary to use these memory constrained
routers to deliver datagrams to nodes within the LLN.  The Routing
for Low Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) protocol can be used in some
deployments to store most, if not all, routes on one (e.g. the
Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) root) or few routers and forward the
IPv6 datagram using a source routing technique to avoid large routing
tables on memory constrained routers.  This document specifies a new
IPv6 Routing header type for delivering datagrams within a RPL
domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.