Subject: RE: draft-yhb-6man-ra-privacy-flag-01

From: "Yu Hua bing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 11:27:38 +0800

>Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 19:10:36 +0100 (CET)
>From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
>SLAAC is by definion host-controlled. You use the term "audit" in a way I 
>don't really understand (though I am not a native english speaker so I 
>could very well be wrong).

>If you want to be sure who did what when, you need centrally controlled 
>IPv6 address hand-out (DHCPv6 is the only one I am aware of for IPv6) plus 
>something that makes sure user can't source any other traffic, such as the 
>SAVI-WG functionality IP/MAC address verification schemes.

>Please do not put more functionality into RA than what is absolutely 
>needed. If you need to know what host had what IP address at what time, 
>disallow SLAAC and run DHCPv6.

No, DHCPv6 can't stop the user configuring a static address.

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 04:43:02 +0100 (CET)

>> SAVI-WG functionality IP/MAC address verification schemes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

> No, DHCPv6 can't stop the user configuring a static address.

Together with SAVI functionality it can. Well, they can configure it, but 
they won't be allowed to send packets to the network with it.

<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/savi/>

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]