Subject: Flow label drafts updated

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 09:24:09 +1200

Hi,

All three flow label drafts have now been updated. They can be
found conveniently at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/?name=draft-ietf-6man-flow&activeDrafts=on

I will shortly send messages explaining how we've dealt with the final set
of WGLC comments.

Regards
   Brian + co-authors

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 12:26:37 +1200

Hi,

The RFC3697bis draft has been updated again, principally to resolve
the remaining points raised by Thomas Narten and the point raised
by Ran Atkinson. The rationale draft (draft-carpenter-6man-flow-update)
has been updated to keep it in step (for example, some additional
references for firewall issues have been added, and it explains why
3697bis no longer uses the word "immutable".) The authors believe that
all significant issues have been dealt with.

The summary of changes in 3697bis is:

   o  Suggested a specific hash algorithm to generate a flow label.
   o  Removed reference to stateful domain.
   o  Added text about covert channel and tuned text about firewall
      behavior; removed the confusing word "immutable".
   o  Added that Section 6 of RFC 2460 is replaced.
   o  Editorial fixes.

There were no open issues on the ECMP-LAG draft, so that has not been
updated. You can find all three drafts at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/?name=draft-ietf-6man-flow&activeDrafts=on

Regards
   Brian + co-authors