Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis-05.txt> (IPv6 Flow Label Specification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:52:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'IPv6 Flow Label Specification'
  <draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the IPv6 Flow Label field and the minimum
   requirements for IPv6 nodes labeling flows, IPv6 nodes forwarding
   labeled packets, and flow state establishment methods.  Even when
   mentioned as examples of possible uses of the flow labeling, more
   detailed requirements for specific use cases are out of scope for
   this document.

   The usage of the Flow Label field enables efficient IPv6 flow
   classification based only on IPv6 main header fields in fixed
   positions.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.