Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-node-req-bis-11.txt> (IPv6 Node Requirements) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:57:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'IPv6 Node Requirements'
  <draft-ietf-6man-node-req-bis-11.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines requirements for IPv6 nodes.  It is expected
   that IPv6 will be deployed in a wide range of devices and situations.
   Specifying the requirements for IPv6 nodes allows IPv6 to function
   well and interoperate in a large number of situations and
   deployments.

   This document obsoletes RFC4294.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-node-req-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-node-req-bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.