Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-06.txt> (Rationale for update to the IPv6 flow label specification) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:07:34 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Rationale for update to the IPv6 flow label specification'
  <draft-ietf-6man-flow-update-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Various published proposals for use of the IPv6 flow label are
   incompatible with its original specification in RFC 3697.
   Furthermore, very little practical use is made of the flow label,
   partly due to some uncertainties about the correct interpretation of
   the specification.  This document discusses and motivates changes to
   the specification in order to clarify it, and to introduce some
   additional flexibility.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-flow-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-flow-update/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.