Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lynn-6man-6lobac-00.txt

From: Kerry Lynn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 12:38:08 -0400

Greetings,

A new "IPv6 over foo" I-D has been posted at
draft-lynn-6man-6lobac-00<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lynn-6man-6lobac/>
.
This I-D specifies an IPv6 encapsulation for a constrained data link that
I'd describe as a wired alternative to 15.4 in commercial building
automation
applications.  The I-D provides some background material on MS/TP (the
access method) as well as the required IPv6 stuff.  The encapsulation and
header compression schemes are derived from (and compatible with) 6LoWPAN.

I hope to get a few minutes on the 6man agenda in QC to discuss the I-D and
where it belongs.  I have been working closely with the ASHRAE BACnet
standards committee (the owners of the MS/TP spec) and several industry
sponsors on this I-D and hope it can proceed as an individual submission.

Regards, -K-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-lynn-6man-6lobac-00.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-lynn-6man-6lobac-00.txt has been successfully
submitted by Kerry Lynn and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-lynn-6man-6lobac
Revision:        00
Title:           Transmission of IPv6 over MS/TP Networks
Creation date:   2011-07-04
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13

Abstract:
  MS/TP (Master-Slave/Token-Passing) is a contention-free access method
  for the TIA-485-A physical layer that is used extensively in building
  automation networks.  This document describes the frame format for
  transmission of IPv6 packets and the method of forming link-local and
  statelessly autoconfigured IPv6 addresses on MS/TP networks.

The IETF Secretariat