Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv6 Flow Label Specification' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 08:31:08 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPv6 Flow Label Specification'
  (draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis-07.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis/

Technical Summary

    This document specifies the IPv6 Flow Label field and the minimum
     requirements for IPv6 nodes labeling flows, IPv6 nodes forwarding
     labeled packets, and flow state establishment methods.  Even when
     mentioned as examples of possible uses of the flow labeling, more
     detailed requirements for specific use cases are out of scope for
     this document.

     The usage of the Flow Label field enables efficient IPv6 flow
     classification based only on IPv6 main header fields in fixed
     positions.

Working Group Summary

     This document was reviewed by the 6man WG and
     represents the consensus of that groups.

Document Quality

     This document has been reviewed by the members and co-chairs
     of the 6MAN working group.
   
Personnel

    Brian Haberman ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd and Jari Arkko 
    is the responsible Area Director.