Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lynn-6man-6lobac-02.txt

From: Kerry Lynn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 23:34:58 -0400

Greetings,

I would like to submit draft-lynn-6man-6lobac to 6man for consideration as
a WG item.  This I-D was originally presented in Quebec City and has now
been updated to reflect comments from several IETF and industry reviewers.

The corresponding BACnet change proposal to support IPv6 over MS/TP is
currently in its first public review, which ends on 10/17/2011.  This change
proposal is available at https://osr.ashrae.org/default.aspx (click
on Addendum an).

In addition, I have received permission to make the relevant section (Clause
9) of the BACnet spec available to anyone who would like to see the base
MS/TP specification.

I look forward to your comments.

Regards, -K-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-lynn-6man-6lobac-02.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-lynn-6man-6lobac-02.txt has been successfully
submitted by Kerry Lynn and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-lynn-6man-6lobac
Revision:        02
Title:           Transmission of IPv6 over MS/TP Networks
Creation date:   2011-10-10
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 14

Abstract:
  MS/TP (Master-Slave/Token-Passing) is a contention-free access method
  for the TIA-485-A physical layer that is used extensively in building
  automation networks.  This document describes the frame format for
  transmission of IPv6 packets and the method of forming link-local and
  statelessly autoconfigured IPv6 addresses on MS/TP networks.

The IETF Secretariat