Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rpl-option-04.txt> (RPL Option for Carrying RPL Information in Data-Plane Datagrams) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 07:44:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'RPL Option for Carrying RPL Information in Data-Plane Datagrams'
  <draft-ietf-6man-rpl-option-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The RPL protocol requires data-plane datagrams to carry RPL routing
   information that is processed by RPL routers when forwarding those
   datagrams.  This document describes the RPL Option for use within a
   RPL domain.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rpl-option/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rpl-option/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.