Subject: RFC 6438 on Using the IPv6 Flow Label for Equal Cost Multipath Routing and Link Aggregation in Tunnels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 16:14:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6438

        Title:      Using the IPv6 Flow Label 
                    for Equal Cost Multipath Routing and 
                    Link Aggregation in Tunnels 
        Author:     B. Carpenter, S. Amante
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 20999
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-flow-ecmp-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6438.txt

The IPv6 flow label has certain restrictions on its use.  This
document describes how those restrictions apply when using the flow
label for load balancing by equal cost multipath routing and for link
aggregation, particularly for IP-in-IPv6 tunneled traffic.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC