Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-exthdr-05.txt> (An uniform format for IPv6 extension headers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:42:44 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'An uniform format for IPv6 extension headers'
  <draft-ietf-6man-exthdr-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-12-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In IPv6, optional internet-layer information is encoded in separate
   headers that may be placed between the IPv6 header and the transport
   layer header.  There are a small number of such extension headers
   currently defined.  This document describes the issues that can arise
   when defining new extension headers and discusses the alternative
   extension mechanisms in IPv6.  It also provides a format for defining
   new IPv6 extension headers that would allow implementations to
   process past unknown extension headers.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-exthdr/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-exthdr/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.