Subject: draft-andrews-6man-force-fragmentation-00.txt

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:42:41 +1100

draft-andrews-6man-force-fragmentation-00.txt was just
	submitted.  Comments requested.

-- 
Mark Andrews, ISC
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE:	+61 2 9871 4742		         INTERNET: [email-masked]

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:46:21 -0500

> 	submitted.  Comments requested.

At first sight I don't like extending IPV6_USE_MIN_MTU because it would change 
current behaviour so it would risk breaking existing applications. The other two 
options look good.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca

---

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:26:41 +1100

> current behaviour so it would risk breaking existing applications. The other 

We could also just add 2 and -2 to IPV6_USE_MIN_MTU to indicate the
forced addition of a Fragment header in addition to limiting the
mtu size.  This should not break existing applications and support
would be detectable at run time.  Try with 2 (or -2) and if that
fails use 1 (or -1).

I'll add this to the next I-D.