Subject: RFC 6434 on IPv6 Node Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:00:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6434

        Title:      IPv6 Node Requirements 
        Author:     E. Jankiewicz, J. Loughney,
                    T. Narten
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 64407
        Obsoletes:  RFC4294

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-node-req-bis-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6434.txt

This document defines requirements for IPv6 nodes.  It is expected
that IPv6 will be deployed in a wide range of devices and situations.
Specifying the requirements for IPv6 nodes allows IPv6 to function
well and interoperate in a large number of situations and
deployments.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC