Subject: Protocol Action: 'RPL Option for Carrying RPL Information in Data-Plane Datagrams' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-rpl-option-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 07:44:39 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RPL Option for Carrying RPL Information in Data-Plane Datagrams'
  (draft-ietf-6man-rpl-option-06.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rpl-option/

    Technical Summary 
        The RPL protocol requires data-plane datagrams to carry RPL
        routing information that is processed by RPL routers when
        forwarding those datagrams.  This document describes the RPL
        option for use within a RPL domain.

    Working Group Summary 
        This document was reviewed by the 6man and RPL WGs and
        represents the consensus of those groups.

    Document Quality 
        Several external groups have indicated their plans to
        carry out large-scale deployments using the RPL option
        defined in this document.

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko. Brian Haberman ([email-masked])
   is the document shepherd