Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-3627-historic-01.txt> (RFC3627 to Historic status) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:00:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'RFC3627 to Historic status'
  <draft-ietf-6man-3627-historic-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document moves RFC3627 (Use of /127 Prefix Length Between
   Routers Considered Harmful) to HISTORIC status to reflect the updated
   guidance contained in RFC6164 (Using 127-Bit IPv6 Prefixes on Inter-
   Router Links).  While a standards track document already supersedes
   an informational document and therefore RFC6164 is the appropriate
   guidance to follow when the two documents are in conflict, this links
   the two documents so that it is clearer that the IETF has updated
   guidance on the matter.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-3627-historic/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-3627-historic/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.