Subject: Fwd: New Version of draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-02.txt

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:15:37 -0300

Folks,

I have posted a revision of draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers. It is
available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-02.txt

This version hopefully addresses the feedback I received over the last
few months, and what seemed to be the consensus of the discussions that
we had on the mailing list.

Any feedback will be very appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-02.txt
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 04:51:23 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-02.txt has
been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Security Implications of the Use of IPv6 Extension Headers with
IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
Creation date:	 2012-01-12
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the security implications of using IPv6
   Extension Headers with Neighbor Discovery (ND) messages.  It updates
   RFC 4861 such that use of the IPv6 Fragmentation Header is forbidden
   in all Neighbor Discovery messages, thus allowing for simple and
   effective counter-measures for Neighbor Discovery attacks.  Finally,
   it discusses the security implications of using IPv6 fragmentation
   with SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND), and provides advice such that
   the aforementioned security implications are mitigated.

The IETF Secretariat