Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-exthdr-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 22:51:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An uniform format for IPv6 extension headers
	Author(s)       : Suresh Krishnan
                          Apple Inc.
                          Erik Kline
                          James Hoagland
                          Manav Bhatia
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-exthdr-06.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-01-11

   In IPv6, optional internet-layer information is encoded in separate
   headers that may be placed between the IPv6 header and the transport
   layer header.  There are a small number of such extension headers
   currently defined.  This document describes the issues that can arise
   when defining new extension headers and discusses the alternate
   extension mechanisms in IPv6.  It also provides a common format for
   defining any new IPv6 extension headers if they are needed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-exthdr-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-exthdr-06.txt