Subject: Protocol Action: 'An uniform format for IPv6 extension headers' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-exthdr-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 09:04:51 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'An uniform format for IPv6 extension headers'
  (draft-ietf-6man-exthdr-06.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-exthdr/

Technical Summary

    This document describes the issues that can arise when defining
    new extension headers and discusses the alternative extension
    mechanisms in IPv6.  It also provides a format for defining new
    IPv6 extension headers that would allow implementations to
    process past unknown extension headers.

Working Group Summary 
    This document was reviewed by the 6man WG and
    represents the consensus of that groups.

Document Quality 
    This document has been reviewed by the members and co-chairs
    of the 6MAN working group.

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko. The Document
   Shepherd is Brian Haberman.

RFC Editor Note

   Add "Updates: RFC 2460" to the header.