Subject: RFC 6553 on The Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) Option for Carrying RPL Information in Data-Plane Datagrams

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 04:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6553

        Title:      The Routing Protocol for Low-Power 
                    and Lossy Networks (RPL) Option for 
                    Carrying RPL Information in Data-Plane Datagrams 
        Author:     J. Hui, JP. Vasseur
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19093
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-rpl-option-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6553.txt

The Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) includes
routing information in data-plane datagrams to quickly identify
inconsistencies in the routing topology.  This document describes the
RPL Option for use among RPL routers to include such routing
information.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC