Subject: RFC 6564 on A Uniform Format for IPv6 Extension Headers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 19:31:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6564

        Title:      A Uniform Format for IPv6 
                    Extension Headers 
        Author:     S. Krishnan, J. Woodyatt,
                    E. Kline, J. Hoagland,
                    M. Bhatia
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12879
        Updates:    RFC2460

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-exthdr-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6564.txt

In IPv6, optional internet-layer information is encoded in separate
headers that may be placed between the IPv6 header and the transport-layer
header.  There are a small number of such extension headers
currently defined.  This document describes the issues that can arise
when defining new extension headers and discusses the alternate
extension mechanisms in IPv6.  It also provides a common format for
defining any new IPv6 extension headers, if they are needed.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC