Subject: New I-D on SLAAC DNS configuration problems (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-00.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:26:31 +0200

Folks,

We have published a new Internet-Draft entitled "Current issues with DNS
Configuration Options for SLAAC". This draft if meant to address the
SLAAC DNS configuration issues raised by Pavel on this mailing-list, and
also discusses other potential issues.

The I-D is available at:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-00.txt>

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-00.txt
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:36:26 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Current issues with DNS Configuration Options for SLAAC
Creation date:	 2012-06-15
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 14
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-00.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-6man-slaac-dns-config-issues-00

Abstract:
   RFC 6106 specifies two Neighbor Discovery options that can be
   included in Router Advertisement messages to convey information about
   DNS recursive servers and DNS Search Lists.  Small lifetime values
   for the aforementioned options have been found to cause
   interoperability problems in those network scenarios in which these
   options are used to convey DNS-related information.  This document
   analyzes the aforementioned problem, and formally updates RFC 6106
   such that these issues are mitigated.

The IETF Secretariat