Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 16:48:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Neighbor Unreachability Detection is too impatient
	Author(s)       : Erik Nordmark
                          Igor Gashinsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-07-31

Abstract:
   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery includes Neighbor Unreachability Detection.
   That function is very useful when a host has an alternative, for
   instance multiple default routers, since it allows the host to switch
   to the alternative in short time.  This time is 3 seconds after the
   node starts probing by default.  However, if there are no
   alternatives, this is far too impatient.  This document specifies
   relaxed rules for Neighbor Discovery retransmissions that allows an
   implementation to choose different timeout behavior based on whether
   or not there are alternatives.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/