Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02.txt

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 07:21:16 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02.txt
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 16:48:19 -0700
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
CC: <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Erik Nordmark and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Neighbor Unreachability Detection is too impatient
Creation date:	 2012-07-31
WG ID:		 6man
Number of pages: 8
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02

Abstract:
    IPv6 Neighbor Discovery includes Neighbor Unreachability Detection.
    That function is very useful when a host has an alternative, for
    instance multiple default routers, since it allows the host to switch
    to the alternative in short time.  This time is 3 seconds after the
    node starts probing by default.  However, if there are no
    alternatives, this is far too impatient.  This document specifies
    relaxed rules for Neighbor Discovery retransmissions that allows an
    implementation to choose different timeout behavior based on whether
    or not there are alternatives.

The IETF Secretariat

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 11:17:09 -0700

I just wanted to say that we revved this to remove pointers to expired 
drafts replacing them instead with a pointer to 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6583 and some minor word-smithing.

The substance of the draft in particular the suggested algorithm has not 
changed.

On 7/31/12 4:50 PM, Erik Nordmark wrote:
> Status: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud
> Diff: http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-02
>
> Abstract: