Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 05:08:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Duplicate Address Detection Proxy
	Author(s)       : Fabio Costa
                          Xavier Pougnard
                          Hongyu Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-05.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-09-19

Abstract:
   The document describes a mechanism allowing the use of Duplicate
   Address Detection (DAD) by IPv6 nodes in a point-to-multipoint
   architecture with "split-horizon" forwarding scheme.  Based on the
   DAD signalling, the first hop router stores in a Binding Table all
   known IPv6 addresses used on a point-to-multipoint domain (e.g.
   VLAN).  When a node performs DAD for an address already used by
   another node, the first hop router replies instead of this last one.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/