Subject: [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-03.txt]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 17:31:44 +0100

The authors believe that this version meets Ole's proposed consensus at
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg16258.html

(Note: the final point in the proposed consensus "interface names may
themselves have to escaped (non-roman or [] characters)" isn't mentioned
in the text, but follows from the ABNF rules.)

   Brian + Bob

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-03.txt
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:24:58 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in Address Literals and Uniform Resource Identifiers
	Author(s)       : Brian Carpenter
                          Robert M. Hinden
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-09-10

Abstract:
   This document describes how the Zone Identifier of an IPv6 scoped
   address can be represented in a literal IPv6 address and in a Uniform
   Resource Identifier that includes such a literal address.  It updates
   RFC 3986 accordingly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 09:39:24 +0300

> in the text, but follows from the ABNF rules.)

The text does include:

   If an operating system uses any other characters in zone or interface
   identifiers that are not in the "unreserved" character set, they MUST
   be escaped with a "%" sign according to RFC 3986.

This was in the earlier versions of the draft and I think it covers this case.

Bob