Subject: Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-udpchecksums-04: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 13:41:54 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-udpchecksums-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

No objection to the publication of this document, but I really would like
to have the following requirement clarified.

 2.  Implementations MUST provide a way to signal the set of ports
          that will be enabled to receive UDP datagrams with a zero
          checksum. 

What is an implementation? The application running over the tunnel? You
refer to "An encapsulating protocol" in the sentence before the bullet
points, is this what you mean? 
If yes, signal from where to whom?
Or maybe by "implementation" you mean "IPv6 protocol stack
implementation"