Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 01:58:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Applicability Statement for the use of IPv6 UDP Datagrams with Zero Checksums
	Author(s)       : Godred Fairhurst
                          Magnus Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-07.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2012-10-21

Abstract:
   This document provides an applicability statement for the use of UDP
   transport checksums when used with IPv6.  This defines
   recommendations and requirements for use of IPv6 UDP datagrams with a
   zero checksum.  It examines the role of the IPv6 UDP transport
   checksum, as defined in RFC2460 and presents a summary of the trade-
   offs for evaluating the safety of updating RFC 2460 to permit an IPv6
   UDP endpoint to use a zero value in the checksum field as an
   indication that no checksum is present.  This method is compared with
   some other possibilities.  The document also describes the issues and
   design principles that need to be considered when UDP is used with
   IPv6 to support tunnel encapsulations.

   XXX NOTE - This revision is a partial response to comments received
   during IESG review.  There are additional comments to be incorporated
   - and updates anticipated to the related PS that updates IPv6.  This
   is therefore an interim version.  XXX

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-udpzero

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-udpzero-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/