Subject: Stephen Farrell's Discuss on draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-05: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 04:46:34 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-05: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Does the deployment model for this actually fit the SAVI
charter which is limited to systems on the same IP link? Its
not clear to me that it does, and if it doesn't then I'm not
sure how SAVI "MAY be used" to protect against address
spoofing. (It could be that this does fit with SAVI, I'm just
not sure.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- The last sentence in the abstract confused me, what's
"this last one" mean?

- I agree with Martin and Sean's DISCUSSes.