Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 06:30:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in Address Literals and Uniform Resource Identifiers
	Author(s)       : Brian Carpenter
                          Stuart Cheshire
                          Robert M. Hinden
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-11-06

Abstract:
   This document describes how the Zone Identifier of an IPv6 scoped
   address can be represented in a literal IPv6 address and in a Uniform
   Resource Identifier that includes such a literal address.  It updates
   RFC 3986 accordingly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:41:21 +0000

This is an update following yesterday's discussion in AppArea.

1. At Ted Hardie's suggestion, the ABNF has been slightly tweaked to
make the with-ZoneID branch separate from the without-ZoneID branch.
This should have no effect on the possible productions but is more
straightforward. I also fixed the bug that Dave Thaler pointed out
yesterday.

2. Also at Ted's suggestion, I referred to the text in RFC 4007 that
points out the gap that this draft fills. Ted and I have a slight
disagreement about whether this requires a formal "Updates: 4007",
so that needs to be resolved above my pay grade. It can easily be
fixed during editing.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter
   Cell phone during IETF85: +1 847 219 0880

On 06/11/2012 14:30, [email-masked] wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>