Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-nd-extension-headers-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 22:34:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Security Implications of IPv6 Fragmentation with IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-nd-extension-headers-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-12-09

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the security implications of using IPv6
   Extension Headers with Neighbor Discovery (ND) messages.  It updates
   RFC 4861 such that use of the IPv6 Fragmentation Header is forbidden
   in all Neighbor Discovery messages, thus allowing for simple and
   effective counter-measures for Neighbor Discovery attacks.  Finally,
   it discusses the security implications of using IPv6 fragmentation
   with SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND), and formally updates RFC 3971
   to provide advice regarding how the aforementioned security
   implications can be prevented.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-nd-extension-headers

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-nd-extension-headers-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-nd-extension-headers-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/