Subject: draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-03: Summary of changes

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 07:23:41 -0300

Folks,

As requested by Ole, here's the summary of changes from version -01 (the
one WGLC'ed) to version -03 (the current one):

* Incorporated text noting that the algorithm should handle reserved
IIDs, and how to handle the case in which such an IID is generated.

* Added more details regarding how to handle reserved IIDs and DAD
failures (e.g., suggesting how many new addresses to try).

* Clarified that these addresses have the same lifetime as the
traditional SLAAC addresses (since we're not changing SLAAC)

* Clarified that from the point of view of renumbering, these addresses
behave as the traditional slaac addresses.

* Added the rationale for not mandating any specific hash algorithm
(additional comments on this topic may be found in my recent on-list)
response to Ole)

* Miscellaneous edits (added additional references, fixed obsolete text
that somehow was still there from earlier versions of this document
(when this I-D was meant to be a replacement for the traditional slaac
addresses, rather than an alternative), etc.)

Should we ship now?

Thanks!

Best regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492