Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-ug-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 08:56:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The U and G bits in IPv6 Interface Identifiers
	Author(s)       : Brian Carpenter
                          Sheng Jiang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-ug-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-03-29

Abstract:
   The IPv6 addressing architecture defines a method by which the
   Universal and Group bits of an IEEE link-layer address are mapped
   into an IPv6 unicast interface identifier.  This document clarifies
   the status of those bits for interface identifiers that are not
   derived from an IEEE link-layer address, and updates RFC 4291
   accordingly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ug

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-ug-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 19:31:19 +0000

The draft would be a bit easier to read if it announced its purpose immediately, both in the abstract and in the introduction. For example, in the abstract, instead of just stating:

                                                                              This document clarifies

You could have written:

                                                                             This document clarifies
  that these  bits only apply to interface identifiers that are explicitly
   derived from an IEEE link-layer address, and updates RFC 4291
   accordingly. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 8:56 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-ug-00.txt

Abstract:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------