Subject: Stewart Bryant's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-08: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stewart Bryant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 05:35:22 -0800

Stewart Bryant has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Whilst I think this is a useful document, I found the security section a
little strange. The authors make it clear that they reduce the security
risk of the existing protocol. However normally a security section
discusses any additional risk of deploying the technology compared to the
base protocol, and it is not clear to me as a reader whether or not the
author examined this aspect to the problem.