Subject: A proposal for draft-gont-6man-deprecate-eui64-based-addresses-00

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 21:04:26 -0300

Folks,

My understanding is that, as noted a number of times already, the
discussion of "SHOULD NOT" vs "MUST NOT" is orthogonal to the wg call
for adoption of this document (but I can be corrected if wrong).

That said, since a number of folks have reiterated a desire to change
the "MUST NOT" to "SHOULD NOT", I propose to apply such change before
the first draft-ietf version is submitted, and have the discussion of
"SHOULD NOT vs MUST NOT" afterwards -- after all, no matter what the
initial version is, the end result is whatever we have wg consensus for
(so either option is not casted into stone).

Thanks!

Best regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492

---

From: Lorenzo Colitti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:40:38 +0900

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>wrote:

> "SHOULD NOT vs MUST NOT" afterwards
>

SGTM. That's what I was proposing, too.