Subject: Re: 6MAN Adoption call on draft-gont-6man-deprecate-eui64-based-addresses-00

From: Qiong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:33:46 +0800

Hi all,

I support the adoption of this document as a 6man item. I think this is a
useful proposal.

Lack of recommendations for generating IIDs in a privacy-sensible way would
mean that vendors might ship products which, by default, hurt the privacy
of users.

Thanks!

Best wishes

-

----Original Message-----
From: ipv6 [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Brian E Carpenter
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:35 AM
To: Cutler James R
Cc: 6man Chairs; 6man WG
Subject: Re: 6MAN Adoption call on
draft-gont-6man-deprecate-eui64-based-addresses-00

On 26/11/2013 06:22, Cutler James R wrote:
...
>> - Intended status should be replaced by "Informational"

That isn't possible, since this needs to formally update several
standards-track documents, even to replace a MUST by a SHOULD.

    Brian
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6

-- 
==============================================
Qiong Sun
China Telecom Beijing Research Institude

Open source code:
lightweight 4over6: http://sourceforge.net/projects/laft6/
PCP-natcoord: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcpportsetdemo/
===============================================