Subject: Announcing draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-00.txt

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 19:44:32 +0100

[sorry duplicate, on to 6man list as destination address]

Hello,

We submitted an IPv6-over-80211p document:

draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-00.txt
"Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11p Networks"
A. Petrescu, R. Kuntz, P. Pfister, N. Benamar

It has received a number of private comments from IEEE participants as
well as IETF participants.  But we still need more comments and a home
for it.

The 802.11p link is related to IEEE 802.11 links.  It is designed for
vehicular communications ('Wireless Access for Vehicular Environments').
  To work in highly mobile and fading-prone environments it reduces its
chatter - there's no Beacon, no Ass'n Req/Rep, no security.  But IPv6
still runs ok on it, just as it runs over Ethernet - with an
80211-Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

I briefly presented it at the geonet BoF, slides here:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/88/slides/slides-88-geonet-2.pdf
but this BoF synthesizes more about geographical networking rather than
IPv6-over-foo.

What do you think about this draft?

Alex

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

_______________________________________________
6lo mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo