Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 05:49:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Implications of Oversized IPv6 Header Chains
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
                          Vishwas Manral
                          Ronald P. Bonica
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-09.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-11-26

Abstract:
   The IPv6 specification allows IPv6 header chains of an arbitrary
   size.  The specification also allows options which can in turn extend
   each of the headers.  In those scenarios in which the IPv6 header
   chain or options are unusually long and packets are fragmented, or
   scenarios in which the fragment size is very small, the first
   fragment of a packet may fail to include the entire IPv6 header
   chain.  This document discusses the interoperability and security
   problems of such traffic, and updates RFC 2460 such that the first
   fragment of a packet is required to contain the entire IPv6 header
   chain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/