Subject: RFC 7045 on Transmission and Processing of IPv6 Extension Headers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 10:54:05 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7045

        Title:      Transmission and Processing of IPv6 
                    Extension Headers 
        Author:     B. Carpenter, S. Jiang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21852
        Updates:    RFC 2460, RFC 2780

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7045.txt

Various IPv6 extension headers have been standardised since the IPv6
standard was first published.  This document updates RFC 2460 to
clarify how intermediate nodes should deal with such extension
headers and with any that are defined in the future.  It also
specifies how extension headers should be registered by IANA, with a
corresponding minor update to RFC 2780.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC