Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 13:16:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Method for Generating Semantically Opaque Interface Identifiers with IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC)
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-16.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-12-10

Abstract:
   This document specifies a method for generating IPv6 Interface
   Identifiers to be used with IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
   (SLAAC), such that addresses configured using this method are stable
   within each subnet, but the Interface Identifier changes when hosts
   move from one network to another.  This method is meant to be an
   alternative to generating Interface Identifiers based on hardware
   addresses (e.g., IEEE LAN MAC addresses), such that the benefits of
   stable addresses can be achieved without sacrificing the privacy of
   users.  The method specified in this document applies to all prefixes
   a host may be employing, including link-local, global, and unique-
   local addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:20:09 -0300

Folks,

FYI, this revision incorporates Suresh's suggestion to reference RFC5453
and IANA's reserved IPv6 IIDs registry.

Thanks so all!

Cheers,
Fernando

On 12/10/2013 06:16 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492