Subject: RE: AERO and SEAL

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 19:47:23 +0000

Happy New Year. New versions of AERO and SEAL have been posted
(see links below) and should remain stable for the near future.

When considering whether to read AERO, please understand that it
introduces a new IPv6 address format known as the AERO address.
The address format both provides a means for automatic generation
of link local addresses to assign to the tunnel interface as well
as a means for linking IPv6 neighbor discovery with IPv6 routing.

An AERO address is formed by embedding the IPv6 prefix of a node's
delegated prefix within the interface identifier of an IPv6 link
local address. So, for example, if a node has been delegated the
prefix: "2001:db8:1:0::/56", it can assign the link-local address
"fe80::2001:db8:1:0" to its AERO interface.

More details are available in the documents, which are found here:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-aerolink-01
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-intarea-seal-68

As always, comments and questions are welcome.

Thanks - Fred
[email-masked]