Subject: Call for adoption draft-rafiee-6man-ssas

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:00:21 +0100

Hi,

Is the any other issues that I need to address to forward with this
document. I sent this message before Christmas. If there are more issues
that I need to address, please feel free to share them

Thank you,
Smile,
Hosnieh

------------------------

This version is corresponded to comments received by Dan, Tina, Michael,
Tim, etc.
Some of the changes:
- the text is now clearer than before and I removed all confusing texts that
I found. (if there is anything more just refer me to it)
- Explained the purpose clearly (Especially for those who think that SSAS
purpose is to also authorize routers without using RPKI, etc.. This is not
true)
- Separate the deploy ability version in a new document "local security"
- Compared the network security with nodes' security (appendix)
- revised the whole introduction

There is also a new discussion list about authentication and authorization.
We might come up with the use of this approach or combination with other
approaches for a unique means of authentication. If you are interested, feel
free to join https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secauth 

For router authorization, this is the complement document of SSAS.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rafiee-6man-local-security-00 . You can
find also this document as one of the references of SSAS

For CGA attacks, I am still waiting for the professors to answer me (They
were quite busy recently and had less chance to take a look on my
approaches). However, the attack is valid on sec value but we're thinking
about optimizing the algorithm to fast executing this attack. I am trying to
update this document, as well, as soon as I receive some feedbacks from
these professors.

Title:		 A Simple Secure Addressing Scheme for IPv6
AutoConfiguration (SSAS)
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rafiee-6man-ssas-08.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rafiee-6man-ssas
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rafiee-6man-ssas-08
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rafiee-6man-ssas-08

Abstract:
   The purpose of this document is to address the current problem
   inherent with using Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA)
   [RFC3972] and introduces a new algorithm that can eliminate the cost
   of CGA algorithm. This algorithm also responds to the security issues
   (IP spoofing) exists in Privacy Extension [RFC4941] or any other
   documents that does not focus on local security by integrating
   privacy with the security.

If there are more comments, please share them. I'll be happy to apply them
and improve the document.

Thanks
Smile,
Hosnieh

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------