Subject: RFC 7078 on Distributing Address Selection Policy Using DHCPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:47:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7078

        Title:      Distributing Address Selection Policy Using DHCPv6 
        Author:     A. Matsumoto,
                    T. Fujisaki,
                    T. Chown
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25094
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-addr-select-opt-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7078.txt

RFC 6724 defines default address selection mechanisms for IPv6 that
allow nodes to select an appropriate address when faced with multiple
source and/or destination addresses to choose between.  RFC 6724
allows for the future definition of methods to administratively
configure the address selection policy information.  This document
defines a new DHCPv6 option for such configuration, allowing a site
administrator to distribute address selection policy overriding the
default address selection parameters and policy table, and thus
allowing the administrator to control the address selection behavior
of nodes in their site.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC