Subject: Fw: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6890 (3879)

From: MAWATARI Masataka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 17:34:12 +0900

Dear Colleagues,

I reported about the global scope regarding 2001::/32 and fc00::/7
as an errata.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6890&eid=3879

Regards,
Masataka MAWATARI

Forwarded by MAWATARI Masataka <[email-masked]>
----------------------- Original Message -----------------------
 From:    RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
 Date:    Mon,  3 Feb 2014 21:44:44 -0800 (PST)
 Subject: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6890 (3879)
----

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6890,
"Special-Purpose IP Address Registries".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6890&eid=3879

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Masataka MAWATARI <[email-masked]>

Section: 2.2.3

Original Text
-------------
                    +----------------------+----------------+
                    | Attribute            | Value          |
                    +----------------------+----------------+
                    | Address Block        | 2001::/32      |
                    | Name                 | TEREDO         |
                    | RFC                  | [RFC4380]      |
                    | Allocation Date      | January 2006   |
                    | Termination Date     | N/A            |
                    | Source               | True           |
                    | Destination          | True           |
                    | Forwardable          | True           |
                    | Global               | False          |
                    | Reserved-by-Protocol | False          |
                    +----------------------+----------------+

                             Table 23: TEREDO

                     +----------------------+--------------+
                     | Attribute            | Value        |
                     +----------------------+--------------+
                     | Address Block        | fc00::/7     |
                     | Name                 | Unique-Local |
                     | RFC                  | [RFC4193]    |
                     | Allocation Date      | October 2005 |
                     | Termination Date     | N/A          |
                     | Source               | True         |
                     | Destination          | True         |
                     | Forwardable          | True         |
                     | Global               | False        |
                     | Reserved-by-Protocol | False        |
                     +----------------------+--------------+

                          Table 28: Unique-Local

Corrected Text
--------------
                    +----------------------+----------------+
                    | Attribute            | Value          |
                    +----------------------+----------------+
                    | Address Block        | 2001::/32      |
                    | Name                 | TEREDO         |
                    | RFC                  | [RFC4380]      |
                    | Allocation Date      | January 2006   |
                    | Termination Date     | N/A            |
                    | Source               | True           |
                    | Destination          | True           |
                    | Forwardable          | True           |
                    | Global               | N/A [RFC4380]  |
                    | Reserved-by-Protocol | False          |
                    +----------------------+----------------+

                             Table 23: TEREDO

                    +----------------------+----------------+
                    | Attribute            | Value          |
                    +----------------------+----------------+
                    | Address Block        | fc00::/7       |
                    | Name                 | Unique-Local   |
                    | RFC                  | [RFC4193]      |
                    | Allocation Date      | October 2005   |
                    | Termination Date     | N/A            |
                    | Source               | True           |
                    | Destination          | True           |
                    | Forwardable          | True           |
                    | Global               | N/A [RFC4193]  |
                    | Reserved-by-Protocol | False          |
                    +----------------------+----------------+

                          Table 28: Unique-Local

Notes
-----
The global scope of TEREDO prefix (2001::/32) and Unique-Local prefix (fc00::/7) is not false.
The proposed revision is N/A with reference to each RFC.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6890 (draft-bonica-special-purpose-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Special-Purpose IP Address Registries
Publication Date    : April 2013
Author(s)           : M. Cotton, L. Vegoda, R. Bonica, Ed., B. Haberman
Category            : BEST CURRENT PRACTICE
Source              : IETF - NON WORKING GROUP
Area                : N/A
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG
--------------------- Original Message Ends --------------------