Subject: New version of draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-02

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:04:50 +0200

Hello participants to 6MAN WG,

We have just submitted version -02 of the IPv6-over-802.11p draft:

   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-02

The changelog from -01 is:

    o  updated authorship.

    o  added explanation about FCC not prohibiting IP on channels, and
       comments about engineering advice and reliability of IP messages.

    o  added possibility to use 6lowpan adaptation layer when in OCB
       mode.

    o  added appendix about the distribution of certificates to vehicles
       by using IPv6-over-802.11p single-hop communications.

    o  refined the explanation of 'half-rate' mode.

    o  added the privacy concerns and necessity of and potential effects
       of dynamically changing MAC addresses.

Comments welcome, thanks.

Alex, with co-authors.

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: I-D Action: draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-02.txt
Date : Mon, 16 Jun 2014 08:58:46 -0700
De : <[email-masked]>
Répondre à : <[email-masked]>
Pour : <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 
802.11p Networks
         Authors         : Alexandru Petrescu
                           Pierre Pfister
                           Nabil Benamar
                           Tim Leinmueller
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-02.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2014-06-16

Abstract:
    In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11p networks there is a
    need to define a few parameters such as the recommended Maximum
    Transmission Unit size, the header format preceding the IPv6 base
    header, the Type value within it, and others.  This document
    describes these parameters for IPv6 and IEEE 802.11p networks; it
    portrays the layering of IPv6 on 802.11p similarly to other known
    802.11 and Ethernet layers, by using an existing Ethernet Adaptation
    Layer.

    In addition, the document attempts to list what is different in
    802.11p compared to more 'traditional' 802.11a/b/g/n layers, layers
    over which IPv6 protocols run ok.  Most notably, the operation
    outside the context of a BSS (OCB) has impact on IPv6 handover
    behaviour and on IPv6 security.

    An example of an IPv6 packet captured while transmitted over an IEEE
    802.11p link is given.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt