Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv6 Multicast Address Scopes' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-multicast-scopes-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 12:04:42 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPv6 Multicast Address Scopes'
  (draft-ietf-6man-multicast-scopes-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-multicast-scopes/

Technical Summary

  This document updates the definitions of IPv6 multicast scopes. As
  defined in RFC4291 (RFC4007)

Working Group Summary

  Nothing to note.

Document Quality

  The ZigBee-IP spec uses multicast with scope 0x03 in a couple of
  ways and there are several independent interoperating
  implementations of ZigBee-IP.

  The 6man working group appoints reviewers for all documents being
  advanced to the IESG. This document has been reviewed in detail by
  Jouni Korhonen. In addition to the chair's and shepherd's review.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Ole Troan
  Responsible Area Director: Brian Haberman