Subject: Protocol Action: 'Updates to the IPv6 Multicast Addressing Architecture' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-multicast-addr-arch-update-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 17:54:18 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Updates to the IPv6 Multicast Addressing Architecture'
  (draft-ietf-6man-multicast-addr-arch-update-08.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-multicast-addr-arch-update/

Technical Summary

  This document updates the IPv6 multicast addressing architecture by
  defining the 17-20 reserved bits as generic flag bits.  The document
  provides also some clarifications related to the use of these flag
  bits.

Working Group Summary

  This work was taken over by 6MAN since it changes the IPv6
  addressing architecture, after initially starting out in MBONED.
  See
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-format/writeup/

Document Quality

  The 6man working group appoints reviewers for all documents being
  advanced to the IESG. This document has been reviewed in detail by
  Jinmei Tetsuya. In addition to the chair's and shepherd's review.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Ole Troan
  Responsible Area Director: Brian Haberman