Subject: Protocol Action: 'Packet loss resiliency for Router Solicitations' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 11:06:40 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Packet loss resiliency for Router Solicitations'
  (draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs/

Technical Summary

   When an interface on a host is initialized, the host transmits
   Router Solicitations in order to minimize the amount of time it
   needs to wait until the next unsolicited multicast Router
   Advertisement is received. In certain scenarios, router
   solicitations transmitted by the host might be lost. This document
   specifies a mechanism for hosts to cope with the loss of the
   initial Router Solicitations.

Working Group Summary

   The initial revision of this work was published in July 2012. There
   is a strong consensus that this solves a real problem.

Document Quality

  The 6man working group appoints reviewers for all documents being
  advanced to the IESG. This document has been reviewed in detail by
  6man reviewers, and it has had extensive discussion on the mailing
  list.
  
Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Ole Troan
  Responsible Area Director: Brian Haberman