Subject: Alia Atlas' No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs-05: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alia Atlas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 14:56:27 -0700

Alia Atlas has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

To continue a bit on Spencer's Discuss and Barry's Comment, I'd prefer to
see a default for the configuration.  I'd assume it would be "off" to
continue to provide current behavior, but I don't really care.  
Consistency is my concern.

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 04:45:50 +0000

Hi Alia,
   Thanks for your comment.

> Consistency is my concern.

OK. Will add a default. I have responded to Spencer and I will make the 
update as soon as I get a response from him as well.

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 00:55:11 -0400

Hi Suresh,

Sounds good.  Thank you.

Alia

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 03:01:24 -0500

Hi, Suresh,
On Apr 7, 2015 23:45, "Suresh Krishnan" <[email-masked]>
> update as soon as I get a response from him as well.

I understand Alia's preference for no-change-in-behavior-by-default (Alia
is suspicious enough to be a TSV AD!), and I understand that you're trying
to change the current case so that devices no longer just stop sending for
30 minutes.

I'm happy to defer to people who have thought about this, on which way the
default goes, as long as there's a consistent default.

Spencer

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 04:52:43 +0000

Hi Alia and Spencer,
   I will specify the default in the next revision. Thanks for your 
comments.

Regards
Suresh

On 04/08/2015 04:01 AM, Spencer Dawkins at IETF wrote:
> Hi, Suresh,
> On Apr 7, 2015 23:45, "Suresh Krishnan" <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>  >
>  > Hi Alia,
>  >    Thanks for your comment.
>  >
> I understand Alia's preference for no-change-in-behavior-by-default
> (Alia is suspicious enough to be a TSV AD!), and I understand that
> you're trying to change the current case so that devices no longer just
> stop sending for 30 minutes.
>
> I'm happy to defer to people who have thought about this, on which way
> the default goes, as long as there's a consistent default.
>
> Spencer
>
>  > Thanks
>  > Suresh
>  >
>  >
>  >
>

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 08:52:01 -0500

Hi, Suresh,

>    I will specify the default in the next revision. Thanks for your

Oh, thank YOU.

I cleared based on the IOU revision.

Spencer