Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-address-generation-privacy-07.txt> (Privacy Considerations for IPv6 Address Generation Mechanisms) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 08:04:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Privacy Considerations for IPv6 Address Generation Mechanisms'
  <draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-address-generation-privacy-07.txt> as
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-07-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses privacy and security considerations for
   several IPv6 address generation mechanisms, both standardized and
   non-standardized.  It evaluates how different mechanisms mitigate
   different threats and the trade-offs that implementors, developers,
   and users face in choosing different addresses or address generation
   mechanisms.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-address-generation-privacy/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-address-generation-privacy/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.