Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-6man-ipv6-opt-transmit-02.txt

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 05:25:36 +0200

Folks,

We have posted a revision of this I-D. It is available at:
<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-opt-transmit-02.txt>.

The main changes from version -01 are:

* Rather than stating "Drop the packet if you see X option in Y
extension header", we now just say "Drop the packet if it contains an
option not valid for this EH" and just point to [IANA-IPV6-PARAM] (as
suggested by Jen Linkova)

* We have changed the advice regarding deprecated options to "MAY drop,
but MUST default to 'not drop'" (as suggested by Jen Linkova and Brian
Carpenter).

* We have changed the handling of already-deprecated options from
"SHOULD drop" to "MAY drop". While nobody really suggested this change,
this seemed to be warranted as a result of the change described in the
previous bullet (above).

Any further comments will be really welcome.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-6man-ipv6-opt-transmit-02.txt
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 20:17:07 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Will Liu (Shucheng) <[email-masked]>, Shucheng LIU (Will)
<[email-masked]>, Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Ron
Bonica <[email-masked]>, Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>,
Ronald P. Bonica <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-6man-ipv6-opt-transmit-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-6man-ipv6-opt-transmit
Revision:	02
Title:		Transmission and Processing of IPv6 Options
Document date:	2015-08-21
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		14
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-opt-transmit-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-opt-transmit/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-opt-transmit-02
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-6man-ipv6-opt-transmit-02

Abstract:
   Various IPv6 options have been standardized since the core IPv6
   standard was first published.  This document updates RFC 2460 to
   clarify how nodes should deal with such IPv6 options and with any
   options that are defined in the future.  It complements [RFC7045],
   which offers a similar clarification regarding IPv6 Extension
   Headers.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat