Subject: Re: draft-baker-6man-multi-homed-host-00.txt is a new draft

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 08:21:45 -0700

Fred, Brian:

Nice draft

1. Quite surprised that this behavior was seemingly not specified anywhere yet.
   What are all those IPv6 RFCs doing if not something as basic as this ? ;-))

2. I think the document would be better readible if it would first have
   a section of the requirements/use-cases and then separately a section
   on the new requirements and where they are placed in the overall 
   packet processing in a host.

3. Would be nice if we could collect information what host stack already do what
   part of this. Not sure if it would be fitting for this BCP target doc though.

One more generic observation: I am not particularily fond that the
packet processing beavior of hosts is today seemingly specified via a
variety of RFCs all relating directly to protocol information elements 
like RA from ND or info from DHCP. I think it would be better if we had a standard
RIB/FIB like host data model for IPv6 packet processing rules (source selection,
source/dest based next-hop selection). Maybe i am overlooking one of the many
RFCs that does this though...

Cheers
    Toerless