Subject: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-03.txt

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:31:42 +0200

Hello,

We submitted a new version of IPv6-over-11p draft.

The main change is to adapt to new terminology: instead of using the 
term "802.11p" we try to use the longer term
"IEEE Std 802.11-2012 Outside the Context of a BSS (OCB)".

I have been asked in private whether this draft can be of use, since 
802.11p does not have anything specific to IPv6.  That is worth 
discussing because I think some OCB aspects do have impact on how IPv6 
runs on top of it.

Yours,

Alex

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : I-D Action: draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-03.txt
Date : Mon, 19 Oct 2015 07:21:39 -0700
De : [email-masked]
Répondre à : [email-masked]
Pour : [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11 
Networks Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set
         Authors         : Alexandre Petrescu
                           Nabil Benamar
                           Tim Leinmueller
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-03.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
    In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11 networks run outside
    the context of a basic service set (OCB, earlier "802.11p") there is
    a need to define a few parameters such as the recommended Maximum
    Transmission Unit size, the header format preceding the IPv6 header,
    the Type value within it, and others.  This document describes these
    parameters for IPv6 and IEEE 802.11 OCB networks; it portrays the
    layering of IPv6 on 802.11 OCB similarly to other known 802.11 and
    Ethernet layers - by using an Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

    In addition, the document attempts to list what is different in
    802.11 OCB (802.11p) compared to more 'traditional' 802.11a/b/g/n
    layers, layers over which IPv6 protocols run ok.  Most notably, the
    operation outside the context of a BSS (OCB) has impact on IPv6
    handover behaviour and on IPv6 security.

    An example of an IPv6 packet captured while transmitted over an IEEE
    802.11 OCB link (802.11p) is given.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt