Subject: Re: draft ra guidelines: Worth the effort?

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 11:37:35 -0500

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 1:31 PM, 神明達哉 <[email-masked]> wrote:
> At Tue, 25 Aug 2015 09:46:46 +0200,
> Dan Lüdtke <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> we have released a revised version of our draft:
>> > This document defines simple rules to follow when defining new router
>> >   advertisement options.
>>
>> As the interest on the first version was very low, we would like to
>> ask again for comments and review. If you feel that this document
>> should not be worked on further but should be dropped, please tell
>> us. We would prefer not wasting anyones time (including ours) for a
>> document that nobody sees a need for. We just felt that this was an
>> issue some time ago and needs to be addressed to avoid further
>> confusions of RA option authors.
>
> Personally I'm neutral on the draft.  I see a possibility that this
> can matter, but from a quick glance at the abstract and introduction,
> it was not clear to me whether this is based on actual confusions in
> development or standardization efforts or rather theoretical (I
> thought RFC7227 belonged to the former category).  Your above comment
> seems to suggest this is also the former.  If so, you might share the
> specific experiences at least here, and maybe also in an updated
> version of the draft.  Depending on the reality of the background
> motivation I'd be more positive on the draft and probably be willing
> to review it more carefully.
>

Dan and I discussed this and decided to ask for your help.
Can you please offer some hint, some text as you have probably more
experience than us?
That will be really appreciated!

Regards,

Behcet
> --
> JINMEI, Tatuya
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 09:49:58 -0700

At Thu, 1 Oct 2015 11:37:35 -0500,

> That will be really appreciated!

I'm not sure what you're asking...(or are you asking "me" or wg in
general?).  All I said in the above comment is that if "you" have an
empirical experience that proves the problem is real and should be
solved, explaining it would help convince me.  *I* don't have such an
experience, so I don't think I can give you any useful hit.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya