Subject: Re: Fragmentation Header text

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 13:59:53 -0700

Bob Hinden wrote:
> One alternative would to use the term “Per-Fragment Headers”.

I like this proposal.  I also see that the proposed text addresses
the issues that I brought up during the adoption call.

I do see one editorial issue - in the following,

      The Ext Hdrs are all other extension headers that are not included
      in the Unfragmentable headers part of the packet.  For this
      purpose, the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) is not
      considered an extension headers.  The Upper-Layer Header is the
      first upper-layer header that is not an IPv6 extension header.
      Examples of upper-layer headers include TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6,
      ICMPv6, and as noted ESP.

s/Unfragmentable headers/Per-Fragment Headers/

Thanks

Mike Heard

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 08:52:30 -0700

Mike,

> On Oct 25, 2015, at 1:59 PM, C. M. Heard <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Bob Hinden wrote:

Thanks, I will make sure that is fixed in the -01 version of the draft.

Bob