Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 18:07:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Recommendation on Stable IPv6 Interface Identifiers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Alissa Cooper
                          Dave Thaler
                          Will Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-08.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-10-13

Abstract:
   This document changes the recommended default Interface Identifier
   generation scheme for SLAAC to that specified in RFC7217, and
   recommends against embedding link-layer addresses in IPv6 Interface
   Identifiers.  It formally updates RFC2464, RFC2467, RFC2470, RFC2491,
   RFC2492, RFC2497, RFC2590, RFC3146, RFC3572, RFC4291, RFC4338,
   RFC4391, RFC4944, RFC5072, and RFC5121, which require IPv6 Interface
   Identifiers to be derived from the underlying link-layer address.
   Additionally, this document provides advice about the generation of
   Interface Identifiers with Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
   version 6 (DHCPv6) (thus updating RFC3315) and manual configuration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-default-iids/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 22:16:05 -0300

Hi, Bob & Ole,

Can we WGLC this one?

P.S.: This rev is the result of Bob's review, according to our discussion.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

On 10/13/2015 10:07 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492