Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-deprecate-atomfrag-generation-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 01:54:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecation of the Generation of IPv6 Atomic Fragments
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
                          Tore Anderson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-deprecate-atomfrag-generation-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-11-26

Abstract:
   RFC2460 requires that when a host receives an ICMPv6 "Packet Too Big"
   message reporting an MTU smaller than 1280 bytes, the host includes a
   Fragment Header in all subsequent packets sent to that destination,
   without reducing the assumed Path-MTU.  The simplicity with which
   ICMPv6 "Packet Too Big" messages can be forged, coupled with the
   widespread filtering of IPv6 fragments, results in an attack vector
   that can be leveraged for Denial of Service purposes.  This document
   briefly discusses the aforementioned attack vector, and why the
   aforementioned functionality is undesirable.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-deprecate-atomfrag-generation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-deprecate-atomfrag-generation-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-deprecate-atomfrag-generation-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/