Subject: comments on draft-krishnan-6man-maxra-03

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 16:38:57 +0900

I have a couple of, probably minor, comments on
draft-krishnan-6man-maxra-03:

1. Section 3

   Also AdvDefaultLifetime MUST be set to a value greater than or equal
   to the selected MaxRtrAdvInterval.  Otherwise, a router lifetime is
   guaranteed to expire before the new Router Advertisement has a chance
   to be sent, thereby creating an outage.

  I don't think 'guaranteed to expire' is very accurate since the
  actual interval is a random value between MaxRtrAdvInterval and
  MinRtrAdvInterval.  Depending on what you actually tried to suggest,
  I guess this should be either:

   Also AdvDefaultLifetime MUST be set to a value greater than or equal
   to the selected MaxRtrAdvInterval.  This way, a new Router
   Advertisement is guaranteed to be sent before the router lifetime
   expires.

  or

   Also AdvDefaultLifetime MUST be set to a value greater than or equal
   to the selected MinRtrAdvInterval.  Otherwise, [same as before]

2. Section 4

   This document also updates Sections 6.2.1., 6.2.2., 6.2.4. and 6.2.5.
   of [RFC4861] so that AdvSendAdvertisements can be set "FALSE" but the
   router would still continue be a router and respond with RAs to
   solicited RSes .

  I should have missed something, but I don't get the rationale of
  this change.  Could you elaborate?

  BTW this sentence seems to need some editorial cleanups:
  s/continue be/continue to be/
  s/RSes ./RSes./

--
JINMEI, Tatuya