Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 17:49:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance of the IETF.

        Title           : Recommendation on Stable IPv6 Interface Identifiers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Alissa Cooper
                          Dave Thaler
                          Will Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-11.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2016-04-27

Abstract:
   This document changes the default scheme for generating stable
   Interface Identifiers with SLAAC to that specified in RFC7217, and
   recommends against embedding link-layer addresses in IPv6 Interface
   Identifiers.  It formally updates RFC2464, RFC2467, RFC2470, RFC2491,
   RFC2492, RFC2497, RFC2590, RFC3146, RFC3572, RFC4291, RFC4338,
   RFC4391, RFC5072, and RFC5121, by removing the text in these RFCs
   that required the IPv6 Interface Identifiers to be derived from the
   underlying link-layer address, and replacing the aforementioned text
   with a pointer to this document.  Additionally, this document updates
   RFC3315 by specifying additional requirements on the generation of
   Interface Identifiers used in Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
   version 6 (DHCPv6).  It also provides advice to system administrators
   who employ manual configuration.  This document does not change any
   existing recommendations concerning the use of temporary addresses as
   specified in RFC 4941.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-default-iids/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 07:41:58 -0700

This version incorporates comments based on discussion before and during IETF 95 (thanks to Fernando for spinning the rev). I think this version addresses the comments received and should be ready to move forward.

Alissa

> On Apr 27, 2016, at 5:49 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------