Subject: 6MAN: Working group last call on RFC2460bis, RFC1981bis and RFC4291bis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 10:15:26 +0200

This message starts a two week 6MAN Working Group Last Call on advancing:

Name:	draft-ietf-6man-rfc2460bis
Title:	Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification
Authors:     S. Deering, R. Hinden
Date:	     2016-03-21
Pages:	     37
Htmlized:    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc2460bis-04

Name:	draft-ietf-6man-rfc1981bis
Title:	Path MTU Discovery for IP version 6
Authors:     J. McCann, S. Deering, J. Mogul, R. Hinden
Date:	     2016-04-27
Pages:	17
Htmlized:    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc1981bis-02

Name        : draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-02
Title       : IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture
Authors     : Robert M. Hinden, Stephen E. Deering
Pages       : 30
Date        : 2016-04-27
Htmlized:   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-02

as Internet Standards. Substantive comments and statements of support
for publishing these document should be directed to the mailing
list. Editorial suggestions can be sent to the editor.

This document is part of the core set of IPv6 standards that will be
advanced to Internet Standard. As part of that work, thorough review
of all the changes from draft standard documents are required. It is
important to verify that these changes do not create inconsistencies
with the rest of the document. All changes should follow the
guidelines set out in RFC6410:

  (1) There are at least two independent interoperating implementations
      with widespread deployment and successful operational experience.
  (2) There are no errata against the specification that would cause a
      new implementation to fail to interoperate with deployed ones.
  (3) There are no unused features in the specification that greatly
      increase implementation complexity.
  (4) If the technology required to implement the specification
      requires patented or otherwise controlled technology, then the
      set of implementations must demonstrate at least two independent,
      separate and successful uses of the licensing process.

All changes are enumerated in appendixes. The complete change-sets are
available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-hinden-6man-rfc2460bis-00&url2=draft-ietf-6man-rfc2460bis-04
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-hinden-6man-rfc4291bis-00&url2=draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-02
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-hinden-6man-rfc1981bis-00&url2=draft-ietf-6man-rfc1981bis-02

We will track open issues using the 6MAN issue tracker available at:
https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6man/trac/report

The document shepherd for this document is Ole Trøan. We need at least
two volunteer document reviewers who can review every change in detail
in all three documents.

This last call will end on June 13th, 2016.

Best regards,
Ole