Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 11:45:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance of the IETF.

        Title           : Recommendation on Stable IPv6 Interface Identifiers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Alissa Cooper
                          Dave Thaler
                          Will Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-12.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   This document changes the recommended default IID generation scheme
   for cases where SLAAC is used to generate a stable IPv6 address.  It
   recommends using the mechanism specified in RFC7217 in such cases,
   and recommends embedding stable link-layer addresses in IPv6
   Interface Identifiers.  It formally updates RFC2464, RFC2467,
   RFC2470, RFC2491, RFC2492, RFC2497, RFC2590, RFC3146, RFC3572,
   RFC4291, RFC4338, RFC4391, RFC5072, and RFC5121, by removing the text
   in these RFCs that required the IPv6 Interface Identifiers to be
   derived from the underlying stable link-layer address, and replacing
   this text with recommendations consistent with those in this
   document.  Additionally, this document updates RFC3315 by specifying
   additional requirements on the generation of Interface Identifiers
   used in Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol version 6 (DHCPv6).  It
   also provides advice to system administrators who employ manual
   configuration.  This document does not change any existing
   recommendations concerning the use of temporary addresses as
   specified in RFC 4941.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-default-iids/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/