Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-multi-homed-host-07.txt> (Routing packets from hosts in a multi-prefix network) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 03:01:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Routing packets from hosts in a multi-prefix network'
  <draft-ietf-6man-multi-homed-host-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes expected IPv6 host behavior in a scenario
   that has more than one prefix, each allocated by an upstream network
   that implements BCP 38 ingress filtering, when the host has multiple
   routers to choose from.  It also applies to other scenarios such as
   the usage of stateful firewalls that effectively act as address-based
   filters.  This host behavior may interact with source address
   selection in a given implementation, but logically follows it.  Given
   that the network or host is, or appears to be, multihomed with
   multiple provider-allocated addresses, that the host has elected to
   use a source address in a given prefix, and that some but not all
   neighboring routers are advertising that prefix in their Router
   Advertisement Prefix Information Options, this document specifies to
   which router a host should present its transmission.  It updates RFC
   4861.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-multi-homed-host/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-multi-homed-host/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.