Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-multi-homed-host-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:49:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance of the IETF.

        Title           : First-hop router selection by hosts in a multi-prefix network
        Authors         : Fred Baker
                          Brian Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-multi-homed-host-08.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2016-08-19

Abstract:
   This document describes expected IPv6 host behavior in a scenario
   that has more than one prefix, each allocated by an upstream network
   that is assumed to implement BCP 38 ingress filtering, when the host
   has multiple routers to choose from.  It also applies to other
   scenarios such as the usage of stateful firewalls that effectively
   act as address-based filters.  Host behavior in choosing a first-hop
   router may interact with source address selection in a given
   implementation.  However, the selection of the source address for a
   packet is done before the first-hop router for that packet is chosen.
   Given that the network or host is, or appears to be, multihomed with
   multiple provider-allocated addresses, that the host has elected to
   use a source address in a given prefix, and that some but not all
   neighboring routers are advertising that prefix in their Router
   Advertisement Prefix Information Options, this document specifies to
   which router a host should present its transmission.  It updates RFC
   4861.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-multi-homed-host/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-multi-homed-host-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-multi-homed-host-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 09:04:04 +1200

This version includes various clarifications and improvements following
Last Call and IESG comments. There are not intended to be any substantive changes.

   Brian

On 20/08/2016 08:49, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>