Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rdnss-rfc6106bis-14.txt> (IPv6 Router Advertisement Options for DNS Configuration) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 11:21:00 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'IPv6 Router Advertisement Options for DNS Configuration'
  <draft-ietf-6man-rdnss-rfc6106bis-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies IPv6 Router Advertisement (RA) options
   (called DNS RA options) to allow IPv6 routers to advertise a list of
   DNS recursive server addresses and a DNS Search List to IPv6 hosts.

   This document obsoletes RFC 6106 and allows a higher default value of
   the lifetime of the DNS RA options to avoid the frequent expiry of
   the options on links with a relatively high rate of packet loss.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rdnss-rfc6106bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rdnss-rfc6106bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.