Subject: Route Information Options in Redirect Messages (updated)

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 23:14:59 +0000

An updated version of "Route Information Options in Redirect Messages" is now
available (see below). This version addresses 6man list comments posted in the
1/9/2017 - 1/12/2017 timeframe, and re-aligns the work from intarea to 6man.
It also expands on several aspects of the proposal that were not covered in the
intarea draft. Please (re-)review and post comments to the list.

Fred and James

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 2:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-6man-rio-redirect-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Route Information Options in Redirect Messages
        Authors         : Fred L. Templin
                          James Woodyatt
	Filename        : draft-templin-6man-rio-redirect-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-01-30

Abstract:
   The IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol provides a Redirect function
   allowing routers to inform recipients of a better next hop on the
   link toward the destination.  This document specifies a backward-
   compatible extension to the Redirect function to allow routers to
   include routing information that the recipient can associate with the
   next hop.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-6man-rio-redirect/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-6man-rio-redirect-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-6man-rio-redirect-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt