Subject: [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC6564 (4807)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 13:57:57 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC6564, "A Uniform Format for IPv6 Extension Headers". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6564&eid=4807

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Technical

Reported by: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-09-20
Held by: Suresh Krishnan (IESG)

Section: 4 and 9

Original Text
-------------
In Section 4:

Next Header          8-bit selector.  Identifies the type of header
                        immediately following the extension header.
                        Uses the same values as the IPv4 Protocol field
                        [IANA_IP_PARAM].

In Section 9:

[IANA_IP_PARAM] IANA, "IP Parameters",
                   <http://www.iana.org/assignments/ip-parameters>.

Corrected Text
--------------
In Section 4:

Next Header          8-bit selector.  Identifies the type of header
                        immediately following the extension header.
                        Uses the same values as the IPv4 Protocol field
                        [IANA-PN].

In Section 9:

[IANA-PN]  "Assigned Internet Protocol Numbers",
              <https://www.iana.org/assignments/protocol-numbers/
              protocol-numbers.xhtml>.

Notes
-----
This is being handled in the 2460bis work.

--------------------------------------
RFC6564 (draft-ietf-6man-exthdr-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : A Uniform Format for IPv6 Extension Headers
Publication Date    : April 2012
Author(s)           : S. Krishnan, J. Woodyatt, E. Kline, J. Hoagland, M. Bhatia
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : IPv6 Maintenance
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG