Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-jinmei-6man-prefix-clarify-00.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:22:32 +1300

Hi,

I like this draft.

I suggest mentioning https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8028 which
describes a valid use of PIO with both L and A flags set to zero.
This underlines the point that they are logically independent of each
other.

Regards
   Brian

---

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:50:12 -0700

At Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:22:32 +1300,

> This underlines the point that they are logically independent of each

Thanks for the feedback.  I'd note a prefix in PIA with both L and A
cleared is technically not in the scope of the draft (it's neither an
"on-link" nor "SLAAC subnet" prefix), but I see its relevance in terms
of how PIOs should be validated.  Right now I don't have a strong need
for revising the draft, but in case I update it I've added a note
about it to the local source of the document.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya