Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-pioxfolks-6man-pio-exclusive-bit-02.txt

From: Erik Kline <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 11:08:49 -0700

I've posted a -02 in advance of Thursday morning.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 March 2017 at 11:07
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-pioxfolks-6man-pio-exclusive-bit-02.txt
To: Erik Kline <[email-masked]>, Mikael Abrahamsson <
[email-masked]>, Mikael Abrahamsson <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-pioxfolks-6man-pio-exclusive-bit-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Erik Kline and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-pioxfolks-6man-pio-exclusive-bit
Revision:       02
Title:          IPv6 Router Advertisement Prefix Information Option
eXclusive Flag
Document date:  2017-03-27
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          15
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pioxfolks-6man-
pio-exclusive-bit-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pioxfolks-6man-pio-
exclusive-bit/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pioxfolks-6man-pio-
exclusive-bit-02
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pioxfolks-6man-
pio-exclusive-bit-02
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pioxfolks-6man-pio-
exclusive-bit-02

Abstract:
   This document defines a new control bit in the IPv6 RA PIO flags
   octet that indicates that the node receiving this RA is the exclusive
   receiver of all traffic destined to any address within that prefix.

   Termed the eXclusive flag (or "X flag"), nodes that recognize this
   can perform some optimizations to save time and traffic (e.g. disable
   ND and DAD for addresses within this prefix) and more immediately
   pursue the benefits of being provided multiple addresses (vis.
   [RFC7934] section 3).  Additionally, network infrastructure nodes
   (routers, switches) can benefit by minimizing the number of {link
   layer, IP} address pairs required to offer network connectivity (vis.
   [RFC7934] section 9.3).

   Use of the X flag is backward compatible with existing IPv6 standards
   compliant implementations.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat