Subject: STD 87, RFC 8201 on Path MTU Discovery for IP version 6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 10:37:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 87        
        RFC 8201

        Title:      Path MTU Discovery for IP 
                    version 6 
        Author:     J. McCann, 
                    S. Deering,
                    J. Mogul,
                    R. Hinden, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 42751
        Obsoletes:  RFC 1981
        See Also:   STD 87

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-rfc1981bis-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8201

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8201

This document describes Path MTU Discovery (PMTUD) for IP version 6.
It is largely derived from RFC 1191, which describes Path MTU
Discovery for IP version 4.  It obsoletes RFC 1981.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC