Subject: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC8200 (5171)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 22:20:38 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8200,
"Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5171

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.5

Original Text
-------------
   The subsequent fragment packets are composed of:

      (1)  The Per-Fragment headers of the original packet, with the
           Payload Length of the original IPv6 header changed to contain
           the length of this fragment packet only (excluding the length
           of the IPv6 header itself), and the Next Header field of the
           last header of the Per-Fragment headers changed to 44.

      (2)  A Fragment header containing:

              The Next Header value that identifies the first header
              after the Per-Fragment headers of the original packet.

              A Fragment Offset containing the offset of the fragment,
              in 8-octet units, relative to the start of the
              Fragmentable Part of the original packet.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The subsequent fragment packets are composed of:

      (1)  The Per-Fragment headers of the original packet, with the
           Payload Length of the original IPv6 header changed to contain
           the length of this fragment packet only (excluding the length
           of the IPv6 header itself), and the Next Header field of the
           last header of the Per-Fragment headers changed to 44.

      (2)  A Fragment header containing:

              The Next Header value that identifies the first header
              after the Per-Fragment headers of the original packet.

              A Fragment Offset containing the offset of the fragment,
              in 8-octet units, relative to the start of the
              "Extension & Upper-Layer Headers" part of the original
              packet.

Notes
-----
This complements this errata:

Reported By: Fernando Gont
Date Reported: 2017-10-28

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8200 (draft-ietf-6man-rfc2460bis-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification
Publication Date    : July 2017
Author(s)           : S. Deering, R. Hinden
Category            : INTERNET STANDARD
Source              : IPv6 Maintenance
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG