Subject: report on jabber use on ESSID "ietf-v6ONLY" and "ietf-nat64"

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 04:42:42 +0100

Hi,

I am happy the ESSIDs "ietf-v6ONLY" and "ietf-nat64" are available 
during the v6ops WG meeting at IETF 100.  The other ietf SSIDs are 
almost silenced (one or two bars out of five.)

Most apps work ok on my laptop.

One note, about the jabber participation.

My installed old client "exodus" can not connect.

"eyeCU" is hard to configure for IETF jabber.

The https://collyer.conf.meetecho.com/ has chat, works, but has a 
relatively reduced chat text interface, short lines, not full screen, etc.

(or maybe I dont know how to use it very well).

Alex

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 16:53:32 +1300

> My installed old client "exodus" can not connect.

Did you report this to the NOC?
https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org/newticket

Exodus has been unusable for years, in my experience. Gajim works quite well,
but maybe it's IPv6-enabled anyway.

   Brian

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 05:05:45 +0100

> https://tickets.meeting.ietf.org/newticket

Should I?

> but maybe it's IPv6-enabled anyway.

I will try Gajim next time.

I have been using Exodus ok since IETF does jabber.  I suppose I got 
hooked to its interface more or less.  It works fine for me on the 
non-IPv6 ESSIDs.

Alex

> 
>     Brian
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>