Subject: Protocol Action: 'Support for adjustable maximum router lifetimes per-link' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-maxra-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 08:19:36 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Support for adjustable maximum router lifetimes per-link'
  (draft-ietf-6man-maxra-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Suresh Krishnan and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-maxra/

Technical Summary

   The neighbor discovery protocol specifies the maximum time allowed
   between sending unsolicited multicast Router Advertisements from a
   router interface as well as the maximum router lifetime.  It also
   allows the limits to be overridden by link-layer specific documents.
   This document allows for overriding these values on a per-link basis.

Working Group Summary

   There is support for this document in the 6MAN working group.  Several
   issues were raised during the w.g. last call.  These issues are
   resolved in the current draft.  There is a concensus to advance this
   document. 

Document Quality

      The quality of the document is good, it has received adequate review
   in the working group on the mailing list and at several 6man sessions
   at IETF meetings.  

Personnel

    Document Shepherd:  Bob Hinden
   Responsible AD: Terry Manderson

RFC Editor Note

Please make the following change to the abstract

OLD:
This document allows for overriding these values on a per-link basis.

NEW:

This document allows for overriding these values on a per-link basis.

This document specifies updates to the RFC4861 IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
Protocol for increasing the the maximum time allowed
between sending unsolicited multicast Router Advertisements (RA) from
a router interface as well as for the maximum router lifetime.