Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-6man-icmp-limits-02.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 11:08:43 -0800

Hello,

I posted a new version of the ICMP errors for processing limits drafts.

Changes are mostly to incorporate suggestions in previous feedback
(from Ron Bonica and others)

These include:
  - Defining a destination unreachable code for aggregate header limit
exceeded (previously this was a parameter problem)
  - Specifying a reporting priority of the relevant errors
  - Making pointer point to first octet beyond a byte limit so that
sender can deduce the limit being enforced

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 11:03 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-6man-icmp-limits-02.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-6man-icmp-limits-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-6man-icmp-limits
Revision:       02
Title:          ICMPv6 errors for discarding packets due to processing limits
Document date:  2017-12-27
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          11
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-6man-icmp-limits-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-6man-icmp-limits/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-6man-icmp-limits-02
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-6man-icmp-limits-02
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-herbert-6man-icmp-limits-02

Abstract:
   Network nodes may discard packets if they are unable to process
   protocol headers of packets due to processing constraints or limits.
   When such packets are dropped, the sender receives no indication so
   it cannot take action to address the cause of discarded packets. This
   document defines ICMP errors that can be sent by a node that discards
   packets because it is unable to process the protocol headers. A node
   that receives such an ICMP error may be able to modify what it sends
   in future packets to avoid subsequent packet discards.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat