Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-ipv6-update-dest-ops-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 12:28:45 -0700

Hello,

I wrote up a short draft to try to clarify the requirements of
processing Destination Options that are before a Routing header. This
work was motivated by some of the discussions around SRv6. It also
would one of the arguments that TLVs in SRv6 are needed because
Destination Options can't be ignored at SRv6 destinations. The draft
also clarifies what it means for a Destination Option to be changeable
en route.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 12:18 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-ipv6-update-dest-ops-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-ipv6-update-dest-ops-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-ipv6-update-dest-ops
Revision:       00
Title:          Updates to Destination Options Processing
Document date:  2018-08-17
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          5
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-ipv6-update-dest-ops-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-ipv6-update-dest-ops/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-ipv6-update-dest-ops-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-ipv6-update-dest-ops

Abstract:
   This document updates the requirements for processing Destination
   Options in IPv6 in two ways. First, the requirement that all
   intermediate destinations in a Routing header must process options in
   a Destination header appearing before the Routing header is relaxed.
   Secondly, the processing of a Destination Option marked as changeable
   is clarified.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat