Subject: quick comments on rfc4941bis slides for IETF 102

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 15:50:18 -0700

Fernando asked me to provide feedback on his slides:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-6man-privacy-extensions-for-stateless-address-autoconfiguration-in-ipv6-bis-00
answering questions on pages 5-8.

As I tried to answer them I found that I actually didn't have strong
opinions on most of them, so my feedback wouldn't be very helpful.
But I'm sharing it anyway:

- p.5 on possible algorithms
  I don't have a strong opinion.

- p.6 on body vs appendix
  I don't have a strong opinion, but if it can be concise I guess it
  will help understand the context to have it in the body rather than
  appendix.

- p.7 on "by default"
  Again not a strong opinion, but I tend to agree that it makes more
  sense to make it on by default today.
  (btw "RFC7528" should be "RFC7258").

- p.8 on when to change IIDs
  this seems to be tricky.  My gut feeling is that 4941bis won't have
  to be responsible to give an answer to it.  Just discussing the
  issue and showing some possible ideas would be good enough.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya