Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv6 Node Requirements' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-6man-rfc6434-bis-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 06:18:18 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPv6 Node Requirements'
  (draft-ietf-6man-rfc6434-bis-09.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Suresh Krishnan and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc6434-bis/

Technical Summary

   This document defines requirements for IPv6 nodes.  It is expected
   that IPv6 will be deployed in a wide range of devices and situations.
   Specifying the requirements for IPv6 nodes allows IPv6 to function
   well and interoperate in a large number of situations and
   deployments.

Working Group Summary

   There is support for this document in the 6MAN working group.  There
   is a consensus to advance this document.

Document Quality

   The quality of the document is very good, it has received adequate
   review in the working group on the mailing list and at a series of
   6man sessions at IETF meetings.  The changes from the previous
   versions have been described on the mailing list and at the 6man
   sessions. 

Personnel
  The document shepherd is  Bob Hinden. The responsible AD is Suresh Krishnan.