Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-ipv6only-flag-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2018 18:27:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Router Advertisement IPv6-Only Flag
        Authors         : Robert M. Hinden
                          Brian Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-ipv6only-flag-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2018-11-04

Abstract:
   This document specifies a Router Advertisement Flag to indicate to
   hosts that the administrator has configured the router to advertise
   that the link is IPv6-Only.  This document updates RFC4861 and
   RFC5175.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6only-flag/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6only-flag-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6only-flag-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-ipv6only-flag-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 09:34:54 +0700

Hi,

We submitted a new version of the IPv6 Router Advertisement IPv6-Only Flag draft.  Links below.

Changes are:

      *  Added text to Section 1 explaining why the mechanism is based
         on Router Advertisements.
      *  Added text to Section 3 that for a VLAN, the IPv6-Only flag
         only applies to the specific VLAN on which it was received.
      *  Changed Section 3 that administrators MUST only use this
         mechanism if they are certain that the link is IPv6-Only,
         instead of SHOULD.
      *  Added ARP to Section 4 protocols that the IPv6-Only flag
         applies to.
      *  Renamed the IPv6-Only flag label from "6" to "S".
      *  Added pointers to Section 7.2.7 of RFC4861 in Section 6.
      *  Added that RFC4861 is also updated by Section 6 for routers
         implementing this flag.
      *  Changed Section 7 from SHOULD NOT to MUST NOT.
      *  Added Appendix A on Implementations and Testing.
      *  Many small clarifications based on IPv6 list discussion and
         editorial changes.

The changes are based on the IPv6 list discussion and editorial changes suggested off line.  Thanks to Lee Howard for his detailed review and all of the email discussion.

Please review and comment.

Thanks,
Bob & Brian

> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-ipv6only-flag-04.txt
> Date: November 5, 2018 at 9:27:24 AM GMT+7
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------